WeatherBug Tempest Weather System
currently not supported within WeatherBug app
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $339.00 Sale
Centered around the Tempest Weather Station and the powerful Tempest app with a guaranteed better forecast, the Tempest Weather System is the ultimate tool for managing your smart home, garden, and all weather-driven decisions.
Leverage accurate observations, powerful machine learning and state-of-the-art modeling capabilities to guarantee the most precise, local forecast available. No moving parts, completely wireless, simple installation, with instant online access to weather data via free iOS and Android apps. LEARN MORE >>>
Lifetime Tempest data services & forecasting, plus third-party integrations and API access provided without a monthly fee for personal use only. Not just for personal use? See the TEMPESTONE WEATHER SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS
Tempest Measured Variables & Features:
- Outdoor temp, humidity, dew point, feels like temp.
- Station pressure and sea-level pressure
- Wind speed, wind direction, average and gusts
- Lightning activity (strikes and distance up to 25 miles)
- Rain onset, intensity, duration and accumulation
- DeltaT, wind chill, wet bulb temp, air density
- UV index, brightness, solar radiation
- iOS and Android apps & free personal weather page
- Free personal weather page: LIVE EXAMPLE
- Auto-calibration with Continuous Learning system
- Works with smart home devices. Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT and more
- Tempest Spec Sheet
Tempest Weather System Includes:
- Tempest sensor device
- Flat base & pole mount attachments
- WiFi Hub (base station)
- Hub power supply
- Wood screw for temporary mounting
Our fulfillment center is located in Daytona Beach, Florida. Due to the current high volume of orders, please allow 3-4 business days for our team to process your order.
Service in the US
- Free shipping within the continental US may be through USPS or UPS, depending on rates and availability.
Service in Canada
- Customers in Canada will be responsible for all duties and taxes.
Please be aware UPS is known to charge very high brokerage fees to the recipient for packages crossing the border. We do not recommend using UPS for service to Canada unless absolutely necessary. UPS service to Canada is suspended.
Shipping availability in other countries
The Tempest Station is only sold and shipped within the US & Canada at this time.
You can fill out this form to subscribe to be notified when shipping is available in your country.
Orders shipped to freight forwarders may be cancelled with notice. There are different versions of the Tempest which operate on different radio frequencies, certified for use in certain countries. Only certified devices are permitted to ship internationally for operation overseas.
Tempest Weather System FAQs
Why do I want a weather station at my house?
Most weather apps and weather reports from your evening news are based on public domain data — primarily from weather stations installed long ago at regional airports. Having a reliable weather station at your home gives you the benefit of knowing the exact conditions outside, (not at the nearest airport). Tempest also provides hyper-local forecast info, customized to your location and can even help you save money on heating & air conditioning by allowing your smart home tech to make automated decisions based on real-time weather data. Want more info on the uses of a personal weather station? Check out this blog post.
How do I see my station in the WeatherBug app?
In the WeatherBug app, simply search for your station on the NOW screen. From there, you can also view your station data by scrolling down to the OBSERVATIONS card.
How accurate are the sensors in Tempest?
We’re all about good data….because let’s face it, bad data is misleading. That’s why we have spent considerable effort sourcing and testing high-quality sensors for every device we produce. Combined with innovative technologies like our proprietary sonic anemometer and haptic rain sensor, our devices are every bit as accurate as scientific weather stations that cost 3X the price.
Do I need WiFi to use the Tempest Station?
It is highly recommended to connect the Hub to a WiFi network. Doing so will enable continuous uploading of weather data and allow anytime data access from anywhere.
Commercial Weather Station Use
- - For applications that go beyond personal use: TempestOne Weather Station
- - Bulk purchase for commercial use: CONTACT US
- - Access the entire existing Tempest Network: SEE TEMPESTONE