The meticulously designed Tempest Weather System leverages powerful machine learning and state of the art modeling capabilities to provide the most precise, local forecast available - guaranteed. No moving parts, completely wireless, simple installation, with instant online access to weather data via free iOS and Android apps.
Save time and money with smart home integrations, and protect your family and property with instant alerts to warn of rain, lightning, wind, and much more.
View our Simple Installation Kit for an easy mounting solution.
Measured Variables & Features:
- Outdoor temp, humidity, dew point, feels like temp.
- Station pressure and sea-level pressure
- Wind speed, wind direction, average and gusts
- Lightning activity (strikes and distance up to 25 miles)
- Rain onset, intensity, duration and accumulation
- DeltaT, wind chill, wet bulb temp, air density
- UV index, brightness, solar radiation
- iOS and Android apps & free personal weather page
- Free personal weather page: LIVE EXAMPLE
- Auto-calibration with Continuous Learning system
- Works with Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT and more
Complete Station Kit Includes:
- Tempest sensor device
- Flat base & pole mount attachments
- WiFi Hub
- USB power cable & wall plug for Hub
Does not include hardware for installation.
Our fulfillment center is located in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Orders are fulfilled and shipped within 2 business days of purchase. Orders may often ship the same day if placed before 12 PM ET.
We offer free shipping* on all Tempest System orders in the US & Canada for a limited time. This offer may not be valid in combination with some discount codes. Customers will receive an email with tracking information prior to shipping.
Service in US
- Free shipping within the US may be through USPS or UPS, depending on rates and availability.
Service in Canada
- Free shipping to Canada is through USPS only.
- Customers in Canada will be responsible for GST/HST.
- Please be aware, UPS is known to charge very high brokerage fees to the recipient for packages crossing the border.
The Tempest System is only sold and shipped within the US & Canada at this time.
You can fill out this form to subscribe to be notified when shipping is available in your country.
Why do I need a weather station at my house?
Most weather apps and weather reports from your evening news are based on public domain data — primarily from weather stations installed long ago at regional airports. Having a reliable weather station at your home gives you the benefit of knowing the exact conditions outside, (not at the nearest airport). Tempest also provides hyper-local forecast info, customized to your location and can even help you save money on heating & air conditioning by allowing your smart home tech to make automated decisions based on real-time weather data.
Need more info? Check out this blog post.
Can I see my Tempest station online?
Yes. Once your system is configured (using the Tempest Weather mobile app on iOS or Android), you can view data and forecasts from any browser at tempestwx.com. Log in to the website using the same credentials you used to create your Tempest account or view the station data as a guest user.
Do I need WiFi?
It is highly recommended to connect the Hub to a WiFi network. Doing so will enable continuous uploading of weather data and allow anytime data access from anywhere. It is possible to get current data from a Tempest system via Bluetooth connection from your smartphone to the Hub, through the mobile app.