Centered around the Tempest Weather Station and the powerful Tempest app with a guaranteed better forecast, the Tempest Weather System is the ultimate tool for managing your smart home, garden and all of your weather-driven decisions.
Leverage accurate observations, powerful machine learning and state-of-the-art modeling capabilities to provide the most precise, local forecast available - guaranteed. No moving parts, completely wireless, simple installation, with instant online access to weather data via free iOS and Android apps. Learn more >>>
Lifetime Tempest data services & forecasting, plus third-party integrations and API access provided without monthly fee for personal use only. Not just for personal use? See theTempestOne Weather System for Professionals
- Outdoor air temperature and relative humidity, dew point and “feels like” temperatures (heat index and wind chill)
- Station pressure and barometric (sea-level) pressure
- Wind speed, wind direction, 1 minute average and gusts
- Lightning activity (strikes and distance up to 25 miles)
- Rain onset, intensity, duration and accumulation
- DeltaT, wet bulb temp, air density
- UV index, brightness, solar radiation
- Tempest Home app for iOS and Android
- Personal weather page to share
- Tempest Nearcast™ technology: (learn more)
- Auto-calibration with Continuous Learning system
- Works with smart home devices. Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT and more
Tempest Weather System Includes:
- Tempest sensor device
- Tempest Wi-Fi Hub (base station)
- Flat base & pole mount attachments
- Hub power supply
Service in the US
- Depending on rates and availability, free shipping within the continental US may be through USPS or UPS.
Service in Canada
- Customers in Canada will be responsible for all duties and taxes.
Please be aware UPS is known to charge very high brokerage fees to the recipient for packages crossing the border. We do not recommend using UPS for service to Canada unless necessary. UPS service to Canada is suspended.
Shipping availability in other countries
The Tempest Station is only sold and shipped within the US & Canada at this time.
You can fill out this form to subscribe to be notified when shipping is available in your country.
Orders shipped to freight forwarders may be canceled with notice. There are different versions of the Tempest, which operate on different radio frequencies, certified for use in certain countries. Only certified devices are permitted to ship internationally for operation overseas.
Tempest Weather System FAQs
Why do I want a weather station at my house?
Most weather apps and weather reports from your evening news are based on public domain data — primarily from weather stations installed long ago at regional airports. Having a reliable weather station at your home gives you the benefit of knowing the exact conditions outside, (not at the nearest airport). Tempest also provides hyper-local forecast info, customized to your location and can even help you save money on heating & air conditioning by allowing your smart home tech to make automated decisions based on real-time weather data. Want more info on the uses of a personal weather station? Check out this blog post.
How is Tempest's forecast better than others?
Improvements are made to the local forecast as the machine learning (AI) ingests observations from your weather station and other observations in your area. We pay a great deal of attention to the quality of the observations coming from your Tempest and our Continuous Learning AI seeks to improve the quality of your unique observations. You will notice advantages in accuracy over other forecasts starting about ~60 days from the time of installation. You may notice additional improvements going forward as we learn more about your local weather.
Can I see my Tempest data online?
Yes. Once your system is configured (using the Tempest Weather mobile app on iOS or Android), you can view data and forecasts from any browser at tempestwx.com. Log in to the website using the same credentials you used to create your Tempest account or view the station data as a guest user.
Do I need WiFi to use the Tempest Station?
It is highly recommended to connect the Hub to a WiFi network. Doing so will enable continuous uploading of weather data and allow anytime data access from anywhere.
Commercial Weather Station Use