The meticulously designed Tempest Weather System leverages powerful machine learning and state-of-the-art modeling capabilities to provide the most precise, local forecast available - guaranteed. No moving parts, completely wireless, simple installation, with instant online access to weather data via free iOS and Android apps.
Save time and money with smart home integrations, and protect your family and property with instant alerts to warn of rain, lightning, wind, and much more.
The Tempest System is only sold and shipped within the US & Canada at this time. See Shipping info below for more details. Ongoing Nearcast data services & forecasting provided without monthly fee for personal use only.
Not just for personal use? See Tempest for Commercial
Measured Variables & Features:
- Outdoor temp, humidity, dew point, feels like temp.
- Station pressure and sea-level pressure
- Wind speed, wind direction, average and gusts
- Lightning activity (strikes and distance up to 25 miles)
- Rain onset, intensity, duration and accumulation
- DeltaT, wind chill, wet bulb temp, air density
- UV index, brightness, solar radiation
- iOS and Android apps & free personal weather page
- Free personal weather page: LIVE EXAMPLE
- Auto-calibration with Continuous Learning system
- Works with Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT and more
Tempest Weather System Includes:
- Tempest sensor device
- Flat base & pole mount attachments
- WiFi Hub (base station)
- Hub power supply
- Wood screw for temporary mounting
Our fulfillment center is located in Daytona Beach, Florida. Individual orders are fulfilled and shipped within 2 business days of purchase. Orders may ship the same day if placed before 12 PM ET.
Service in the US
- Free shipping within the continental US may be through USPS or UPS, depending on rates and availability.
Service in Canada
- Customers in Canada will be responsible for all duties and taxes.
Please be aware UPS is known to charge very high brokerage fees to the recipient for packages crossing the border. We do not recommend using UPS for service to Canada unless absolutely necessary. UPS service to Canada is suspended.
Shipping availability in other countries
The Tempest System is only sold and shipped within the US & Canada at this time.
You can fill out this form to subscribe to be notified when shipping is available in your country.
Orders shipped to freight forwarders may be cancelled with notice. There are different versions of the Tempest which operate on different radio frequencies, certified for use in certain countries. Only certified devices are permitted to ship internationally for operation overseas.
Why do I want a weather station at my house?
Most weather apps and weather reports from your evening news are based on public domain data — primarily from weather stations installed long ago at regional airports. Having a reliable weather station at your home gives you the benefit of knowing the exact conditions outside, (not at the nearest airport). Tempest also provides hyper-local forecast info, customized to your location and can even help you save money on heating & air conditioning by allowing your smart home tech to make automated decisions based on real-time weather data. Want more info? Check out this blog post.
Can I see my Tempest data online?
Yes. Once your system is configured (using the Tempest Weather mobile app on iOS or Android), you can view data and forecasts from any browser at tempestwx.com. Log in to the website using the same credentials you used to create your Tempest account or view the station data as a guest user.
Do I need WiFi to use the Tempest System?
It is highly recommended to connect the Hub to a WiFi network. Doing so will enable continuous uploading of weather data and allow anytime data access from anywhere.