Weather Safety & Science Kit for Schools
Compatible with Disney Weather Check
- Regular price
- Currently unavailable
- Sale price
- $379.00 Sale
The Tempest Weather Safety & Science Kit for Schools is an innovative program that empowers schools to create their very own weather networks. By providing schools with our cutting-edge kits, we're bringing the thrill of meteorology right into the classroom. This isn't just a weather station; it's a tool for inspiration, exploration, and hands-on learning. Each kit includes:
- Tempest Weather System: Leverage powerful machine learning and state-of-the-art modeling capabilities for the most precise, local forecast available - guaranteed. No moving parts, completely wireless, simple installation, with instant online access to your weather data via free iOS and Android apps.
- Handheld WEATHERmeter: A highly accurate miniature weather device used with your smartphone to measure wind, temperature, humidity, and pressure from anywhere.
- ACTIVITY CARDS: Your children can use data from the Tempest and the WEATHERmeter to play weather bingo, see how buildings can affect wind speed, track changes in temperature in the shade vs sun, and more! (Recommended for ages 5-10. Additional experiments and resources for other age groups can be found here.)
Tempest Weather System Measured Variables & Features:
- Outdoor temp, humidity, dew point, feels like temp.
- Station pressure and sea-level pressure
- Wind speed, wind direction, average and gusts
- Lightning activity (strikes and distance up to 25 miles)
- Rain onset, intensity, duration and accumulation
- DeltaT, wind chill, wet bulb temp, air density
- UV index, brightness, solar radiation
- iOS and Android apps & free personal weather page
- Free personal weather page: LIVE EXAMPLE
- Auto-calibration with Continuous Learning system
- Works with Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT and more
Tempest Safety & Science Kit Includes:
- Tempest Home Weather System, similar to those deployed at Disney World
- WEATHERmeter - the same one used by many Olympic sailors
- Activity Cards
Our fulfillment center is located in Daytona Beach, Florida. Orders are fulfilled and shipped within 2 business days of purchase. Orders may often ship the same day if placed before 12 PM ET.
Service in the US
- Free shipping within the US may be through USPS or UPS, depending on rates and availability.
- Free USPS shipping for HI/AK
Service in Canada
Please be aware UPS shipping is known to charge very high brokerage fees to the recipient for packages crossing the border. We do not recommend using UPS for service to Canada unless absolutely necessary. UPS service to Canada is suspended.
- Customers in Canada will be responsible for all duties and taxes.
Shipping availability in other countries
The Tempest System is only sold and shipped within the US & Canada at this time.
You can fill out this form to subscribe to be notified when shipping is available in your country.
Orders shipped to freight forwarders may be cancelled with notice. There are different versions of the Tempest which operate on different radio frequencies, certified for use in certain countries. Only certified devices are permitted to ship internationally for operation overseas.
Why do I want a weather station at my house?
Most weather apps and weather reports from your evening news are based on public domain data — primarily from weather stations installed long ago at regional airports. Having a reliable weather station at your home gives you the benefit of knowing the exact conditions outside, (not at the nearest airport). Tempest also provides hyper-local forecast info, customized to your location and can even help you save money on heating & air conditioning by allowing your smart home tech to make automated decisions based on real-time weather data. Want more info? Check out this blog post.
Can I see my Tempest data online?
Yes. Once your system is configured (using the Tempest Weather mobile app on iOS or Android), you can view data and forecasts from any browser at tempestwx.com. Log in to the website using the same credentials you used to create your Tempest account or view the station data as a guest user.
What is Disney Weather Check?
The Tempest Weather Safety & Science Kit is compatible with Disney Weather Check, an integrated weather forecasting and mobile system that provides the most accurate weather for Disney Parks & Resorts. WeatherFlow-Tempest assists Disney Parks & Resorts to better understand and control the enormous impact of weather. Learn more >>>